Register To Vote
Qualifications To Register To Vote
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
How and Where to Register To Vote
- You can register in person at the Nassau County board of elections
- or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center.
- You can call our 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.
- You can download a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form.
Download Spanish Form
Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail it to us at:
Nassau County Board of Elections
400 County Seat Drive
Mineola, NY 11501-4800
If you wish to change your enrollment from one party to another or from not-enrolled to a party, send a Voter Registration Form with your new choice to your county board of elections. The board will notify you when the change takes place, by Law, after the next general election.
Viewing documents in PDF format requires the free Adobe Reader
If you have trouble opening PDF documents, click here
Voter Registration Form (Spanish)