(Mineola, NY) The Village of East Williston, with a history dating back to the mid-nineteenth century, recently re-dedicated its equally historic and newly renovated Village Hall. Ten volunteers founded the East Williston Hook and Ladder Company in 1889 in the building which currently serves as the Village Hall. Additionally, the East Williston Public Library has had its home in the building since its establishment in 1937.
On October 16th, members of the Eads, Siciliano and Carbone families representing three generations of volunteerism with the East Williston Fire Department cut the ribbon of the new Village Hall. County Clerk Maureen O’Connell, East Williston resident and former Deputy Mayor, joined in dedicating the new hall.
County Clerk Maureen O’Connell presents a Citation to East Williston Mayor Nancy Zolezzi. Pictured (left to right) are County Clerk Maureen O’Connell, Mayor Nancy Zolezzi, and Nassau County Legislator Richard Nicolello.
Pictured: (Front row, left to right) Volunteer firefighters Will Eads, former Chief Chris Siciliano, former Chief Nick Siciliano, former Chief Angelo Carbone, Sr., and former Chief Angelo Carbone, Jr. of the East Williston Fire Department handled the official ribbon-cutting.
(Center row, left to right) are Village Trustee Michael Braito and Deputy Mayor James Daw, Jr.
(Back row, left) are Assemblyman Tom McKevitt, (3rd from left) County Legislator Richard Nicolello, (center, left to right) Mayor Nancy Zolezzi, Village Trustee David E. Tanner, and County Clerk Maureen O’Connell, with village officials.