City, Town & Village Governments
New York State Government
U.S. Government

Living and Working

Breadcrumb Start you are here >Home/Health Benefits

Questions About Vision Care Benefits: Davis Vision

Q: Does the County offer vision coverage to anyone except employees?
A: Yes, currently retirees from the CSEA, ShOA, and all police unions can receive vision coverage. Ordinance employees and College employees can purchase vision coverage through COBRA for 36 months.
Q: How do I receive vision care services?
A: You can find a participating provider by calling 1(800) 999-5431 or checking on line at Once you have chosen a provider, make an appointment. Please note that as of January 1, 2011 vouchers are no longer required.
Q: What are the services I am entitled to receive thru the plan if I use a participating provider?
A: Every twelve (12) months, you are entitled to a comprehensive eye examination, one (1) complete pair of routine eyeglasses or contact lenses. You also may be entitled to one pair of Visual Display Terminal (“VDT”) glasses or one pair of Safety Eyewear. Speak to your department’s Human Resources Representative for eligibility requirements.
Q: What are my dependents entitled to receive with the plan if they use a participating provider?
A: Every twelve (12) months, your eligible dependents are entitled to a comprehensive eye examination and one (1) pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Q: Must I use a participating provider?
A: No, you may use any provider, but you will be responsible for paying the non-participating provider for all services, and then submit your claim to Davis Vision for reimbursement. The reimbursement amounts can be found on the Davis Vision web site.