OCA licenses all persons operating home improvement businesses in
Nassau County, as authorized by the Nassau County Administrative Code. This division provides the following services:
· Accepts and reviews all applications for licenses and renewals.
· Responds to consumer inquiries regarding the licensing status of contractors.
· Issues Notices of Violation.
· Works in conjunction with the District Attorney's Commercial Frauds Bureau and other governmental agencies to enforce Local Law 6-l970 and Local Law 2-l979.
· Provides information to the Courts and to other jurisdictions.
· Collects and administers funds for the Home Improvement Restitution Fund.