Mangano Announces Road Improvements
Resurfacing aimed at improving traffic flow and safety
Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano today announced the investment of $3.9 million in capital funds for the resurfacing of eight roads throughout the County. Road improvement projects are aimed at easing traffic congestion and improving safety for the residents of Nassau County.
“Our goal is to improvement roads while easing traffic and improving safety,” said County Executive Mangano. “The mobility of our residents and freight transportation would be negatively affected without these much needed repairs to our roads.”
The following roadways will benefit from this investment:
- Corona Ave., between Hendrickson Ave. and Southern State Parkway in Valley Stream
- Long Beach Blvd., between Pine St. and Park Ave. in Long Beach
- Salisbury Park Dr. between Carman Ave. and Newbridge Rd. in Westbury
- Merchants Concourse, between Stewart Ave. and Corporate Dr. in Garden City
- Demott Ave., between Grand Ave. and Long Beach Rd. in Baldwin
- Long Beach Rd. (shoulders), between Demott Ave. and Seaman Ave. in Baldwin
- North Jerusalem Ave. between Gardiners Ave. and Loring Rd. in Levittown
- Gardiners Ave. between North Jerusalem Ave. and Halter Ln. in Levittown
Nassau County is now accepting bids from outside contractors to perform this work. The County expects to begin road work in February, 2011 and the anticipated completion date is April, 2012.