Mangano Opens Additional Warming Centers In Nassau
As temperatures plummet across the region, Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano has opened additional Warming Centers for residents to find comfort during the day. The County will continue to identify new locations for warming centers and announce their openings. County Executive Mangano has strongly advised all residents without power to utilize his Friends and Family Sheltering Plan or utilize one of the County’s 24-hour shelters.
- Nassau County Community College
- Levittown Memorial High School
- Farmingdale High School
- Note: The Manhasset High School shelter will be closed this evening due to the reopening of school. Any persons at the shelter will be offered transportation to the shelter at Nassau Community College.
Warming Locations: Open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Nassau County Senior Center Freeport
- Nassau County Senior Center Great Neck
- Nassau County Senior Center Magnolia Gardens
- Nassau County Senior Center Oyster Bay
- Rockville Centre American Legion, 197 Maple Ave.
- Bethpage Senior Community Center
- Merrick Library
- Bellmore Library
- Bethpage Library
- Freeport Memorial Library
- North Shore Synagogue (hours subject to change)
Warming Centers with Shower Facilities Open 8am to 11pm Daily:
- Cantiague Park is located on West John Street in Hicksville
- The Nassau County Aquatic Center is located in Eisenhower Park in East Meadow
- The Mitchel Athletic Complex is located Charles Lindbergh Boulevard in Uniondale.
Non-Emergency Hotline 1-888-684-4274