Commission on Human Rights
- Receives your informal and formal notarized complaint(s)
of discrimination and notifies Respondent(s) that
a complaint has been filed. A Respondent is the person
or entity about whom you are complaining.
- Resolves questions of jurisdiction and makes the
appropriate referrals when complaints are outside
the Commission's jurisdiction.
- Investigates the complaint by using the most appropriate
methods depending on the nature of the complaint.
These methods include telephone inquiries, written
inquiries, field investigations, investigatory conferences,
or any combination thereof.
- Attempts to resolve the complaint informally, using
conference, conciliation and persuasion.
- Many complaints are resolved informally prior to
a finding. If your complaint cannot be resolved,
the Commission will initiate formal investigative