Formal Investigative Procedures
- A notarized complaint of discrimination is accepted
and a copy of the signed complaint is forwarded to
- An informal hearing involving the parties to the
complaint is conducted by the Executive Director
of the Commission. This hearing will usually result
in one of the following:
- The conciliation of the complaint after the
hearing but prior to a finding, which will
result in the case being closed.
- A determination of No Probable Cause to believe
that an unlawful discriminatory practice has
- A determination of Probable Cause to believe
a discriminatory practice has occurred. A settlement
may be negotiated and will be closed.