July 18, 2012
Mangano and Eisenstein Unveil Comprehensive Mosquito Control Plan. Public Forums Scheduled
All Residents are Encouraged to Attend
Uniondale, NY – Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano and Nassau County Health Commissioner Dr. Lawrence Eisenstein today announced a new comprehensive mosquito control plan to educate and protect residents from disease. Public forums are scheduled with the intention of educating the public on the control measures that will be utilized in response to viral activity and persistent high mosquito population. The forums will be presented by Dr. Eisenstein.
“I welcome all residents to attend and participate in these forums as they are intended to educate the public on measures taken to protect the health and safety of our families and seniors from mosquito carried diseases,” said Mangano.
Mosquito control public forums will be held on the following dates:
- Thursday, July 26th, 2012: Freeport Public Library, 144 West Merrick Road, Freeport, NY 11520
(516) 379-3274 at 7:30 PM.-Canceled due to predictions of severe weather
- Monday, July 30th, 2012: Wantagh Public Library, 3285 Park Avenue, Wantagh, NY 11793
(516) 221-1200 at 7:30 PM.
- Monday, August 6th, 2012: Island Park Public Library, 176 Long Beach Road, Island Park, NY 11558
(516) 432-0122 at 7:00 PM.
- Tuesday, August 7th, 2012: Franklin Square Public Library, 19 Lincoln Road, Franklin Square, NY 11010
(516) 488-3444 at 7:00 PM.
- Wednesday, August 8th, 2012: Massapequa Park Village Hall, 151 Front Street, Massapequa Park, NY 11762
(516) 798-0244 at 7:00 PM.
- Tuesday, August 14th, 2012: Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Avenue, Manhasset, NY 11030
(516) 627-2300 at 7:00 PM.
- Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012: Syosset Public Library, 225 South Oyster Bay Road, Syosset, NY 111791
(516) 921-7161 at 7:00 PM.