Legislature Home
What We Do
LD13 Home
LD 13 Map
News Releases
Budget Process
Local Laws
Who Is My Legislator?
Committee Assignments
Meeting Calendars
City, Town & Village Governments
New York State Government
U.S. Government

Nassau County Legislature

Breadcrumb Start you are here >Home/LD13/News Releases/2009

January 5, 2010


Now is the time to grieve your property tax assessment. It is important that you are aware of your right under the law to file a formal legal grievance challenging the amount of your new property assessment.  You can examine the tentative assessment roll that was filed on January 4, 2010 in the Nassau County Department of Assessment, 240 Old Country Road, Mineola or online at www.mynassauproperty.com.  If, after looking at the roll, you disagree with the amount of your new assessment, I urge you to initiate the grievance process.

The period during which you may file a grievance began on January 4, 2010 and ends on March 1, 2010. Grievance applications for contesting your assessment are available at the Nassau County Department of Assessment, 240 Old Country Road, 4th Floor, Mineola.  The Department phone number is 571-1500. You may also file a grievance online at www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/arc/index.html.

If you would like more information about the grievance process, please don’t hesitate to call my office at 571-6213.