Legislator Judy Jacobs Reminds Community Groups to
Make Reservations for Picnics in County Parks
Nassau County Legislator Judy Jacobs (D-Woodbury) reminds all the groups in her community that picnic reservations for the coming season may be made at Nassau County Parks starting right now. Reservations can be made for the following parks:
- Bay Park in East Rockaway; reservations taken at Grant Park (571-7821).
- Cantiague Park in Hicksville (571-7056).
- Cedar Creek Park in Seaford (571-7470).
- Christopher Morley Park in Roslyn-North Hills (571-8113).
- Cow Meadow Park in Freeport (571-8685); during winter, reservations taken at Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park.
- Eisenhower Park in East Meadow; Special Activities Bldg., Parking Field No. 8 (572-0348).
- Grant Park in Hewlett (571-7821).
- Inwood Park (571-7894); reservations taken at North Woodmere Park.
- Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park in Roosevelt (571-8692).
- Nickerson Beach Park in Lido Beach (571-7700).
- North Woodmere Park (571-7801).
- Wantagh Park (571-7460).
Reservations must be made in person at park locations, and a valid Leisure Pass and appropriate payment (fees depend upon group size) must be presented to obtain a confirmed reservation. Payment can be made by cash, check (made out to “Treasurer of Nassau County”) or credit card (at some locations). “Rain-or-shine” shelter areas are available at Cedar Creek Park, Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park, Nickerson Beach Park and Wantagh Park.
County regulations require that 75% of all picnic participants be Nassau County residents. A special permit is required for the use of alcoholic beverages, and this permit must be purchased at least one week in advance of any reserved or unreserved picnic. To make catering arrangements, patrons must contact the park concessionaire, Dover Caterers, at 516-933-4444, ext. 12 or 16. Picnic reservations must be secured from the individual park before catering can be arranged.
For more information about the Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation and Museums, call 516-572-0200 or visit the Parks Website at www.nassaucountyny.gov/parks.