Denenberg’s Commitment to Local Schools is Unprecedented
Nassau County Legislator Dave Denenberg (D-Merrick) is pleased to announce the eight year anniversary of Denenberg’s Annual School Grant Program. Leg. Denenberg’s commitment to our children is unprecedented at the county level. For eight years, Leg. Denenberg provided a $2,500 grant for each school in the Bellmore, Merrick, North Merrick and Wantagh Union Free School Districts, Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District, and Freeport and North Bellmore Public Schools. The grants are backed by Nassau County capital funds and will further enhance the educational experience and physical fitness of all students.
Legislator Denenberg said, “Being able to support local schools’ efforts to improve their facilities which all residents can utilize is extremely gratifying. By providing funding for capital improvements, school districts can budget more money for educational items. In the end, everyone wins; the community can utilize the improved fields and facilities and the school districts can focus more on our children’s education.”
Upcoming projects include:
· Winthrop Avenue School: $7,500 for the purchase of a Smartboard and associated laptop.
· Mepham High School: $2,500 for the purchase and planting of shrubbery and shade trees at the high school’s athletic fields.
· JFK High School: $2,500 for the purchase and planting of shrubbery and shade trees at the high school athletic fields.
· Meadowbrook Alternative Program: $2,500 for the purchase and installation of a bocce court, water fountain and shrubbery at the Meadowbrook Alternative Program’s Brookside Building athletic fields.
· Grand Avenue Middle School: $2,500 for the purchase and installation of shrubbery and shade trees at the school’s athletic fields.
· Calhoun High School: $2,500 for the purchase and installation of shrubbery and shade trees at the school’s athletic fields.