How to Grieve Your Assessment
Leg. Denenberg presents workshops on how to file a grievance of your assessment with the Assessment Review Commission. The filing period is from January 2, 2013 to May 1, 2013. Experts provide assistance, guidance and information on the process. A question and answer session and one-on-one assistance follows.
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:30 pm, North Merrick Library, 1691 Meadowbrook Road, North Merrick
- Monday, February 4, 2013 at 7:30 pm, Bellmore Library, 2288 Bedford Avenue, Bellmore
- Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 7:30 pm, Freeport Library, 144 W. Merrick Road, Freeport
- Friday, February 8, 2013 at 1:00 pm, Merrick Library, 2279 Merrick Avenue, Merrick
- Friday, February 15, 2013 at 1:00 pm, Wantagh Library, 3285 Park Avenue, Wantagh
2012-2013 Extend the Holidays Toy/Book Drive
Leg. Denenberg, with the Bellmore Lions Club, is running an "extend the holidays" toy and book drive. Like other holiday drives, this effort collects books and toys for donations. However, this drive extends the season for giving beyond the holiday season and is intended to provide toys and books for hospitalized children and/or children in need. In the days after the holiday season, it is exceptionally important to provide gifts to these children. In the aftermath of Sandy, when so many people have lost so much, this is something we can do together to bring joy to children in our communities. Unwrapped toys, gifts and books may be dropped off at Leg. Denenberg’s district office, 2818 Merrick Road, Bellmore, Mon. through Fri. from 11 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.