The Nassau County Department of Mental Health, Chemical
Dependency and Developmental Disabilities Services
promotes the development of a comprehensive, coordinated
system of services that enables those with a mental
illness, chemical addiction or developmental disability
to maximize their functioning to live safely and successfully
in the community.
Agency Core Values
- Compassion and Respect for Persons Served
- Belief in the Potential for
Recovery and One’s
Ability to Maximize their Potential for Independent
- Promote the highest quality of clinical, supportive
and rehabilitative services so that individuals can
safely and effectively work towards recovery.
- Foster the delivery of services that enable the developmentally
disabled to achieve their potential for autonomous
functioning and self-sufficiency.
- To provide oversight and methods of accountability
to insure that services are responsive to individuals
needs and are delivered in accordance with best practice
- To evolve services in a changing
health care environment that meet one’s holistic
- Provide for full, open and meaningful participation
for the people who use services.
- To safeguard the client’s
right to receive services and maximize client choice.
- To ensure that those most in need have access to
- To ensure County Planning incorporates input from
clients, family, providers and the community at large.