OCA licenses all persons operating residential home improvement businesses in
Nassau County, as authorized by the Nassau County Administrative Code. This division provides the following services:
· Accepts and reviews all applicants for licenses and renewals.
· Responds to consumer inquiries regarding the licensing status of contractors.
· Issues Notices of Violation.
· Reviews all Suspensions, Revocations & Reinstatements of licenses.
· Works in conjunction with the District Attorney's Commercial Frauds Bureau and other governmental agencies to enforce Local Law 6-1970 which governs residential Home Improvement businesses in Nassau County.
· Provides information to the Courts and to other jurisdictions.
· Collects and administers funds for the Home Improvement Restitution Fund.