Instructions for Applications
- MUST BE A NASSAU COUNTY RESIDENT.
You are eligible for a permit if you are a resident of Nassau County who has one or more servere disabilities that impair your mobility.
All applications must have a Nassau County street address (No Post Office Boxes).
- All applications must be fully completed and properly executed.
All questions must be answered and Medical Certification MUST be completed by a New York State Practicing Licensed Medical Doctor.
All Applications must be signed not stamped.
***** NO CHIROPRACTOR *****
- All permits are issued in the name of the person with the disability, therefore all information on application must pertain to the disababled applicant.
You do not have to be the driver. Children and non drivers can apply for a permit.
Application must be in the name of the person with the disability.
- The Department of New York State Motor Vehicles requires the disabled person’s New York State Drivers License Client ID number or on a NYS ID card to be on the permit.
Enclose a copy of disabled applicants ID (not the person driving them) with this Completed application.
- COPIES OR FAXES of Applications will result in immediate denial.
- To expedite the issuance of your permit upon approval, please enclose a self-addressed (number 10 size) envelope.
- Any FALSE statement on the application by the applicant or by the doctor will result in refusal to issue a permit.
- - - - CLICK HERE TO GET A PARKING PERMIT APPLICATION FORM - - - -
* * FILING A FALSE
APPLICATION IS A CRIME * * *