|Cantiague Park's new artificial turf field accommodates football, soccer and lacrosse, including night games.
Hicksville, West John Street east of Cantiague Rock Road
On-site staff: Yes
Click here for Google map
CANTIAGUE PARK HAS BEEN PART OF the county park system since 1961 and is centrally located in Hicksville, just off the Northern State Parkway and east of the Wantagh State Parkway. When the park opened, it represented the second major park the County managed, in addition to Eisenhower Park. Cantiague Park was built in response to the needs of a growing County population. It was also the first park offering a swimming pool and an artificial skating rink. This 127-acre park offers the following activities:
- There are five lighted tennis courts (Leisure Pass and fee required);
- six lighted handball/paddleball courts;
- and three lighted basketball courts.
- Athletic fields, lighted for night play, include four softball fields and four multi-sport fields (two lighted). Soccer, football, lacrosse and rugby are played on the multi-sport fields. All sports fields require permits and fees (Leisure Pass required; call 516-571-7056).
- In the summer of 2008, the park opened a new and beautiful artificial turf field that accommodates football, soccer and lacrosse and is lighted for night play.
- An 18-hole miniature golf course.
- Fees: Leisure Pass holders, $7 for those 13 years of age and older, $4 for seniors with Leisure Pass; non-Leisure Pass holders, $10; $4 for all children (under 13 years of age).
In the event of rain, please call to ensure the course is open.
Hours: Starting at the end of June, hours of operation are 10 am - 9 pm daily. Please call for spring hours.
- A playground provides activities for children of varying ages, from pre-schoolers to teens.
- There are two reserved picnic areas (Leisure Pass required and fee; to reserve, call 516-571-7056) and one non-reserved family area. See more information below under "News & Events."
- Cantiague features a 9-hole, par-30 golf course. The course is 1,878 yards, with holes ranging from 150 yards to 272 yards.
- In addition, the park has an illuminated driving range (fee). Click here for link to Nassau County Golf.
- Cantiague’s indoor ice skating rink is a magnificent facility that is used by recreational skaters and hockey teams. The rink has also played host to Olympic gold medalists such as Nancy Kerrigan, who performed there in 2004, and was the New York Islanders (National Hockey League) practice facility from 1979 to 1992. Skating lessons are available, as is a skate rental. Ice rentals are also available on weekdays until 3 p.m., with fees of $415 per hour for proprietary groups and $325 for nonprofits. The rink also has a snack bar and bleacher seating. A fee is charged at the rink.
- The rink underwent a extensive renovation over the summer of 2010. See information below under "News & Events."
- The swimming pool complex, named by News12 Long Island viewers as the best outdoor swimming facility on Long Island, includes an Olympic-sized pool, two water slides, a diving pool, a “kiddie” pool, a training pool and an interactive water-play area. Lockers, showers and a refreshment area are located near the pool. Fee required, with Leisure Pass holders eligible for a discount.
- Hours: Mon.-Sun., 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fees (daily): resident adult with Leisure Pass, $7; resident child with Leisure Pass (4-17 years of age), $5; resident senior, disabled, vol. firefighter, ambulance corps auxiliary police, veterans with Leisure Pass $3; non-resident adult, $25, non-resident child, $19.
Family ($225), individual ($90) and senior ($50) memberships are also available. A Leisure Pass is required for residents to receive the resident rate.
- In the gaming area next to the playground, there are shuffleboard courts, a
bocce court, and tables with inlaid chess and checker boards.
To reach Cantiague Park, take the Long Island Expressway to Exit 41 South (Broadway). Take fork (106/107) to West John Street. Turn right onto West John and proceed to Cantiague Park. The entrance is on your right.
Take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 29 North (Hicksville Road). Proceed approximately 3-5 miles into Hicksville. Turn left onto West John Street and proceed to Cantiague Park. The entrance is on your right.
County Parks Begin Accepting Picnic Reservations in February
Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano announces that picnic reservations for the coming season may be made at Nassau County parks beginning in February. Reservations can be made for the following parks:
Reservations must be made in person at park locations, and a valid Leisure Pass and appropriate payment (fees depend upon group size) must be presented to obtain a confirmed reservation. Payment can be made by cash, check (made out to “Treasurer of Nassau County”) or credit card (at some locations). “Rain-or-shine” shelter areas are available at Cedar Creek Park, Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park, Nickerson Beach Park and Wantagh Park.
County regulations require that 75% of all picnic participants be Nassau County residents. A special permit is required for the use of alcoholic beverages, and this permit must be purchased at least one week in advance of any reserved or unreserved picnic. To make catering arrangements, patrons must contact the park concessionaire, Dover Caterers, at 516-933-4444, ext. 12 or 16. Picnic reservations must be secured from the individual park before catering can be arranged.