Premium Subscription Service
Nassau County provided an on-line Vendor Registration and Procurement system in early 2006.
Effective May 21, 2007, the County will begin accepting payments via Visa and MasterCard for this premium service. Payments by American Express and Discover will be accepted in the near future.
Premium Service Subscribers will be charged a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00). The fee is non-refundable and it is good for one year from the date of payment.
The Premium Service level sends vendors an e-mail notifying them when a Bid or RFP goes live, which includes a commodity or service that the vendor included in their registration profile. It is meant to be a convenience tool for those vendors who are too busy or unable to frequently check the County’s Bid Board. As a reminder, it is imperative that vendors select services and/or commodities that they provide when registering or updating their profile.
Please note that vendors are not required to select the Premium Service level in order to register. Once they do register, they may choose to pro-actively sign onto the Bid Board at any time on their own using the Basic Service.
The Premium Service fee is non-refundable.
DOING BUSINESS WITH NASSAU COUNTY, NY
All vendors are welcome and encouraged to do business with Nassau County. Nassau County business is opened to the public who can submit bids, witness bid openings and be entitled to public bid information.
Purchases are subject to NY State Municipal bidding law and Nassau County Charter requirements, which require the following:
- Purchases under $500 do not require competitive bids. Only one recorded quote is required. Additional quotes may be requested if the Buyer deems it appropriate for savings potential.
- Purchases $500 to $2999 require three informal competitive bids. The Buyer must obtain and record at least three verbal quotations.
- Purchases $3000 to $9999 - The Buyer must obtain and record at least three written informal quotations from the vendors.
- Purchases $10,000 or more - The Buyer must prepare a Formal Sealed Bid which has a separate set of compliance rules requiring strict adherence. The sealed bid is typically sent to at least three bidders and is advertised in Newsday. Bid notification is also posted on the Nassau County website www.nassaucountyny.gov, “eServices for Business”, “Bid Solicitation Board
- Vendors are given a minimum of 5 days to respond, although most formal bids provide additional time. Sealed bids are opened publicly at a precise, prescribed time and location. Other minor procedural requirements may apply.
- In all cases the lowest responsible bidder is awarded the order/contract.
There are exceptions to the Formal Sealed Bid rules for documented “sole source” scenarios and NY State contract items or services.
Purchases of $100,000 or more must be presented to the Nassau County Legislature Rules Committee for approval unless ordered under NYS contract authority.
Vendors wishing to be registered with Nassau County must do so via the Internet on-line by CLICKING THIS LINK
From the Nassau County Home page under “eServices for Business”, go to “Vendor Registration”
We encourage all vendors to contact the appropriate agency and/or assigned buyer of their particular product or service to also introduce themselves personally to ensure ongoing awareness of your company and its capabilities. Buyer assigned commodities are listed on the Nassau County website under the Office of Purchasing.
Nassau County Supplier User Reference Manual