- Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Document Room 106 Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Land Records Room 105 is closed from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each day
- Phone:(516) 571-2664
The Nassau County Clerk services the residents of Nassau County in three general areas.
The Nassau County Clerk maintains a record of real estate transactions and makes them available to the public and the title industry for their use. The office is responsible for:
- Recording deeds, mortgages, and mortgage satisfactions.
- Computing, collecting and disbursing transfer and mortgage taxes.
- Providing certified copies of recorded documents including deeds, mortgages and mortgage satisfactions.
- Recording commercial chattel mortgages, building loans, and their dispositions.
- Maintaining county land and subdivision maps.
The Nassau County Clerk serves as the Clerk of the Supreme and County Courts. The office is responsible for:
- Receiving and processing all applications for Supreme Court Index numbers, requests for judicial intervention, notes of issue and jury demands.
- Indexing and maintaining all Supreme Court documents and case files, and providing public access and certified copies of documents upon request.
- Filing transcripts of judgment from other courts as well as federal tax liens and state tax warrants.
- Providing Certificates of Disposition of judgments.
- Recording all liens and satisfactions and discharges of liens.
- Recording separation agreements as submitted.
- Recording matrimonial judgments and issuing certified copies or Certificates of Divorce and annulment upon request of a party involved.
- Processing all applications for a change of name in conjunction with the court, maintaining and making available to the public, a record of the change.
- Receiving and processing of Notices of Appeal to the Appellate Division.
- Receiving and processing applications for Small Claims Assessment Review.
The Nassau County Clerk accepts for filing several federal, state and county licenses and certificates. The office is responsible for:
- Registering and filing all new Business Names.
- Maintaining records of businesses incorporated in New York State and doing business in Nassau County.
- Filing and maintaining signature cards and oath of office cards of all Notary Publics qualified in Nassau County.
- Authenticating Notary signatures upon request.
- Recording military discharge papers and providing certified copies upon request.
- Processing of United States Passport applications.
- Issuing of Veterans Peddlers licenses.
- Recording of Firefighter Exemption certificates.
- Maintaining Naturalization records from 1899 to 1987.