Office of the Nassau County Comptroller
The Nassau County Comptroller’s Office has an open position for a Field Auditor. The Field Auditor conducts financial and operational audits of County departments, public authorities, commercial enterprises and non-profit organizations for the Office of the Comptroller and performs related duties as required.
Duties include examining books, ledgers and records, analyzing findings and preparing support documents worksheets and financial statements. To that end, the auditor reviews accounting practices for compliance with accepted accounting principles, reviews applicable controlling laws and regulations and determines if procedures and practices are in compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting from a regionally accredited college or university
- Two years of satisfactory professional accounting or auditing experience, with considerable knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, methods and their application. (Certified Internal Auditor a plus.)
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate must have the ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Candidate must have proficiency in Microsoft Word, EXCEL, and Teammate.
- Candidate must be in possession of an appropriate class, valid New York State Driver’s License and must have an operable automobile available for use for the purpose of transportation to field audits or for County business.
- Nassau County Residency is required.
Permanency in the position is subject to passing a Civil Service examination.
Please email resume to:
and indicate FIELD AUDITOR in subject line.
Nassau County is an Equal Opportunity Employer