Job Title: Special Investigator I
Starting annual salary:
Civil Service examination required: Yes
Ten (10) years of satisfactory experience in criminal investigation work as a sworn police officer in the State of New York as defined by Section 1.20 (34) of New York Criminal Procedure Law, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in criminal investigation work with police officer status in one of the following specialized fields: homicide, index crime, collision investigation, civil forfeiture, law enforcement crime analysis and Medicaid fraud.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A thorough knowledge of applicable New York State statutes, court decisions, and administrative ruling pertaining to violations of laws.
- Skill in ascertaining facts by personal contact, observation and examination of records.
- Skill in the use and care of firearms and in unarmed defense.
- Ability to use technical investigative equipment.
- Ability to testify effectively in court.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports.