City, Town & Village Governments
New York State Government
U.S. Government

Office of Consumer Affairs

Breadcrumb Start you are here >Home/Licensing/Making Changes to a Current License/Changing the Name of Your Company

Changing the Name of Your Company 

For a corporation you must first amend the name of the corporation with The New York State Bureau of Corporations (518) 473-2492.


For a DBA or Partnership, you must amend the name with the Nassau County Clerk’s office by filing an Amended Business Certificate (Blumberg form T224) (516) 571-2270.


Please be advised, ANY name change MUST be accompanied by a fully completed application in proper form.


NOTE: If you form a new corporation or business, you cannot change the name; you will receive a new license number. A name change can only be issued for an AMENDMENT OF NAME.