North Woodmere Park
North Woodmere, Branch Boulevard and Hungry Harbor Road
On-site staff: Yes
Click here for Google map
North Woodmere, located near the water in the southwest part of Nassau County, has been part of the county park system since 1965 and is a large and busy site with a range of activities. At the time of its construction, the park "filled the need for a major recreational facility in the sourthwest sector of the County," according to a Parks Department annual report at that time.
- There are 10 tennis courts that are lighted in season (Leisure Pass and fee required);
- six lighted handball/paddleball courts;
- and two lighted basketball courts.
- Athletic fields include two softball fields and one lighted baseball field (permit required).
- Football and soccer are also played at the park. (permit required)
- Cross-country skiing is available, weather permitting.
- A state-of-the-art playground is a popular attraction, with separate sections for different age groups, and a spray pool area.
- There are unreserved and reserved (Leisure Pass and fee required) picnic areas, which include barbecue equipment. For more information see "News & Events" below.
|Golf at North Woodmere includes a driving range and an executive-level 9-hole course.
North Woodmere has a 9-hole, par-30 golf course. The course is 2,282 yards, with holes ranging from 140 yards to 395 yards.
- The park also has a lighted driving range. Click here for link to Nassau County Golf.
- A swimming complex (571-7806; Leisure Pass and fee required) includes an Olympic-sized pool, a diving pool with boards, a water slide, and three pools for youngsters (a wading pool, a training pool, and an interactive water-play area). Swimming lessons are also available (fee).
- The pool complex includes various conveniences, such as lockers, dressing areas, showers, a concession stand, lounge and deck chairs, and a sun shelter.
- Hours: Mon.- Fri. 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fees (daily): resident adult, $7; resident child (4-17 years of age), $5; resident senior, disabled, vol. firefighter, ambulance corps auxiliary police, veterans, $3; non-resident adult , $25, non-resident child guest, $19.
Family ($225), individual ($90) and senior ($50) memberships are also available. A Leisure Pass is required for residents to receive the resident rate.
- The shorefront at the park is ideal for fishing and crabbing.
|The large and beautiful swimming complex at North Woodmere Park includes attractions for children and adults.
- A community room is available for nonprofit groups (Leisure Pass, insurance and reservations required).
To reach North Woodmere Park, take Belt Parkway to Rockaway Boulevard. Take Rockaway Blvd. (Turnpike) to Peninsula Boulevard. Make left onto Peninsula Boulevard and take to Branch Boulevard. Make a left on Branch and follow it around to the right. Just after it turns right the park entrance is on the left.
County Parks Begin Accepting Picnic Reservations
Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano announces that reservations for the coming season may be made at Nassau County parks beginning in February. Reservations can be made for the following parks:
Reservations must be made in person at park locations, and a valid Leisure Pass and appropriate payment (fees depend upon group size) must be presented to obtain a confirmed reservation. Payment can be made by cash, check (made out to “Treasurer of Nassau County”) or credit card (at some locations). “Rain-or-shine” shelter areas are available at Cedar Creek Park, Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park, Nickerson Beach Park and Wantagh Park.
County regulations require that 75% of all picnic participants be Nassau County residents. A special permit is required for the use of alcoholic beverages, and this permit must be purchased at least one week in advance of any reserved or unreserved picnic. To make catering arrangements, patrons must contact the park concessionaire, Dover Caterers, at 516-933-4444, ext. 12 or 16. Picnic reservations must be secured from the individual park before catering can be arranged.
NEWS BRIEF: Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, non-Nassau County residents will be charged a $10 parking fee on weekends.