With fifteen percent of Nassau County residents over 65 years of age, the Healthy Seniors Initiative aims to promote wellness and independence through education and policy development. Similar to the Healthy Adults Initiative, promotion of healthy nutrition, healthy behavior, exercise, good oral hygiene, disease prevention and emergency preparedness is essential. In addition, by bringing attention to the unique health care needs of this population, Nassau County can prevent illness, injury and dependence on others. Programs include:
- Nassau*NYConnects Help Line
(516) 227-8900 - for persons of all ages who require long term care services
- Case Management and Home Care Service Program
- Senior Citizens Influenza Immunization
- Tobacco Cessation program
For more information please contact Joanne Maniscalco from the Nassau County Department of Health at (516) 227-9621.