The Healthy Youth Initiative aims to improve the health of children and teens in Nassau County. The program's mission is to inform youth about healthy foods, the importance of staying active, the benefits of making healthy choices, and providing a healthy environment. Healthy Youth is partnering with schools to assist with, and guide their policies and programs that keep youth healthy, active and safe. These initiatives include:
- Healthy Schools for Healthy Youth
- Tobacco Prevention Program
- Roosevelt Community Health Assessment
- Creation of Healthy Roosevelt to address the needs of Roosevelt and assist the community to create a strategic plan to reduce health disparities which can be used as a model for other communities.
- National Children’s Study
- Safe Routes to School
- Nassau*NYConnects Help Line (516) 227-8900 - for persons of all ages who require long term care services
For more information please contact Tavora Buchman from the Nassau County Department of Health at (516) 227-9408.