If Nassau County residents have questions or concerns regarding sewage, or overflowing sanitary systems (cesspools, leaching pools, or septic tanks) contact the Nassau County Department of Health – Community Sanitation Program at 516-227-9715 or check the NY State DEC Web Site

My neighbor is draining his pool into the street, is this allowed?

Nassau County Health Department does not have any regulation regarding this issue, however, your local town, and the NY State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) may. Also, if the water stands, stagnates, or creates severe noxious odors, the Health Department may get involved.