Passport Services



Not sure which passport form you need?

Know which form to use, but not sure how to fill it out?

Complete Your Passport Form Easily and Correctly Using The

Passport Application Wizard!

The Wizard will help you determine if you need Form DS-11, DS-82, DS-5504 or DS-4085, help you to complete the form online , estimate your payment, and generate the form for you to print


The Nassau County Clerk's Office is designated as an official Passport Acceptance Center by the United States Department of State. Residents can apply for their passport at 240 Old Country Road in Mineola. Applications are accepted Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday from 9:00am - 3:30pm and Tuesday from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm.

* As of June 1, 2009, the Unites States Government Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) will require all U.S. citizens traveling by air outside the United States to present a passport or other accepted travel document to enter or re-enter the United States. U.S. citizens traveling by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean will be required to have a passport, passport card or other accepted travel document to enter or re-enter the United States. For land and sea travel, children under the age of 16 can still present a birth certificate or other proof of U.S. citizenship. Special rules apply for students 16 to 18 years of age traveling by land and sea with certain groups. For more information on the WHTI, visit the state travel website.

New Passport Fees – Effective July 13, 2010:

Fee TypeApplication FormNew Passport FeeNew Execution FeeNew Fee Total
Passport Book
Age 16 and Over




Passport Book
Age 15 and Under




Passport Book
By Mail, DS-82




Passport Card
Age 16 and Over, DS-11




Passport Card
Age 15 and Under, DS-11




Photos (Qty 2) - 2"x2" photos


Additional Visa Pages:  $82.00
File Search Fee: $150.00
Expedite Processing: $60.00

* The $25.00 Execution Fee is not charged when adults 16 and over with fully valid passport books, apply for the passport card using DS-82 form

Payment of Passport fees should be made to the "U.S. Department of State" while the Execution Fees should be payable to the "Nassau County Clerk" either by money order, or cash. These fees and the surcharge are non-refundable.

To apply for a passport for the first time, you will need to apply in person at the County Clerk's Office. Your passport application must be accompanied by:

  1. Proof of Citizenship – Acceptable documents include:
    • A previous passport;
    • An original or certified copy of a birth certificate
    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth;
    • Naturalization Certificate; and
    • Certificate of Citizenship
  2. Proof of Identity – The only valid forms of identity accepted are:
    • Previous issued passport
    • A valid Driver's License
    • Recently issued Naturalization Certificate
    • Recently issued Government ID card
  3. Two Identical Photos – Your photographs must be 2 X 2 inches in size:
    • In color;
    • We now take photos, fee applies
    • Photo should be taken within the past 6-months, showing current appearance;
    • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
    • Taken in normal street attire:
      • Uniforms should not be worn except religious attire that is worn daily.
      • Do NOT wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
      • Prescription glasses, hearing devices, wigs or similar articles, if worn normally, should be worn for the picture.
      • Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (medical certificate may be required).
  4. Please note: Vending machine photos are not generally acceptable. Visit the state travel website.
  5. Pay the Applicable Fee – The new fees are listed above.

You can renew your passport by mail if you:

  • Already have a passport that is not damaged;
  • Received it within the past 15 years;
  • Were at least age 16 when it was issued; and
  • Still have the same name in passport (or you can legally document your name change).

You can get a Passport Renewal Form from the County Clerk's Office or downloaded from this site and renewed by mail.

For detailed information on applying for a passport renewal, visit the state travel website.

Under Age Passports: As provided by the Code of Federal Regulations Title 22, Section 51.28, and effective February 1, 2008 Children Under Age 16 requires both parents' consent. More importantly, all minors must appear in person when applying for a passport. For more detailed information about passports for children under age 16 read our brochure (PDF)

For a complete list of special requirements for Children Under Age 16, visit the state travel website.

Expedited Passports: Passport processing takes up to 6-weeks. If you need a passport sooner, you may pay for an expedited service ($60.00) and should expect to receive your passport in 2-3 weeks. If your travel requires a passport sooner than 2-weeks, you must apply in person at a Passport Agency. To apply in person at a Passport Agency, you must first call to schedule an appointment. The New York Passport Agency Appointment Number is 1 (877) 487-2778. This is an automated appointment system in which you must complete the process in its entirety to ensure that your appointment is confirmed. Expedited service is currently not available for the Passport Card.

Please Note: An application for a passport book and a passport card may be expedited, but the $60 fee will only serve to expedite the book at this time.

More Information About Applying for a United States Passport

Application for a Passport (Form DS-11) (PDF)

Application for a Passport Renewal (Form DS-82) (PDF)

For additional Application Forms and Instructions