Field Auditor II
Field Auditor II
General Position Description:
A Field Auditor II conducts financial and operational audits of County departments, public authorities, County vendors, non-profit organizations and other agencies in Nassau County for the Office of the Comptroller and performs related duties as required.
Duties include examining books, ledgers and records, analyzing data, developing findings and preparing support documents, worksheets and financial statements. To that end, the auditor reviews accounting practices for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, reviews applicable controlling laws and regulations and determines if procedures and practices are in compliance. Work is conducted both in an office setting and at various locations as part of the field audit process.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university, with a major in Accounting AND two years of satisfactory non-clerical accounting and/or financial and/or operational auditing experience.
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university including or supplemented by at least 24-credit hours in accounting AND three years of satisfactory non-clerical accounting and/or financial and/or operational auditing experience.
Master's Degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university AND one year of satisfactory non-clerical accounting and/or financial and/or operational auditing experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate must have the ability to work with a diverse workforce, working both independently and in a team setting.
- Candidate must have proficiency in Microsoft Word, and EXCEL. Proficiency in Teammate a plus.
- Knowledge of audit techniques and standards as well as the ability to determine facts through investigation are desirable.
- Candidate must be in possession of an appropriate class, valid New York State Driver's License and must have an operable automobile available for use for the purpose of transportation to field audits or for County business.
- Nassau County Residency is required.
- Permanency in the position is subject to passing a Civil Service examination and then being reachable via the Civil Service list process.
- Starting Salary is $41,936. Salary increases to $47,820 after six-months and increases to $56,669 after one year.
- Location: 240 Old Country Road, Mineola, NY 11501.
Interested applicants may submit their resume by email.
EOE/MFDV PERSONNEL CHOSEN FOR MERIT AND FITNESS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, OR ANY OTHER NON-MERIT FACTOR