Auditing Assistant I
Auditing Assistant I
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Auditing Assistant I will perform various auditing duties on payrolls and vendor claims; performs related duties as required
Duties include; reviews, examine, and process payroll and vendor claims, purchase orders, blanket orders from all county departments and vendors in accordance with legal requirements. Verify mathematical calculations on claims and payroll submitted for reimbursement. Prepare worksheets with payroll and/or vendor claims to facilitate entering into the computer. Assist in maintaining and balancing control records on payroll and/or vendor claims. Assist in interpreting contracts and amendments in relation to payment of vendor claims to ascertain accuracy of submitted backup information required for payment approval. Maintains record information and provides requested information to departments and to the public. Gathers statistical data for reports, as required.
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in bookkeeping or accounting; OR Graduation from high school and two years satisfactory office clerical experience which involved processing of claims or payroll
• Knowledge of current office practices, methods, procedures, and equipment.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of auditing claims and payrolls.
• Knowledge of government taxes applicable to employees’ earnings.
• Ability to make rapid and accurate arithmetic calculations.
• Ability to read and interpret written and numerical data.
• Ability to express oneself effectively, both oral and written.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
• Ability to maintain and prepare reports.
• Nassau County Residency is required.
• Permanency in the position is subject to passing a Civil Service examination and then being reachable via the Civil Service list process.
• Starting Salary is $24,224. Salary increases to $27,746 after six-months and increases to $33,042 after one year.
• Location: 240 Old Country Road, Mineola, NY 11501.
Submit a cover letter and resume to NCComptroller@nassaucountyny.gov
EOE/MFDV PERSONNEL CHOSEN FOR MERIT AND FITNESS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, OR ANY OTHER NON-MERIT FACTOR