Accounting Systems Specialist
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION: Performs staff work in coordinating, devising, and implementing accounting systems compatible with information technology requirements; and performs related duties as required.
Reviews operations, methods, and procedures regarding use of computerized accounting or auditing systems. Acts as a liaison with the Department of Information Technology in implementing the use of new equipment. Devises programs as required by accountants for computer application. Instructs departmental personnel regarding access and use of new system. Directs the development, installation, and maintenance of departmental system. Recommends system modifications. Prepares reports as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with;
A. A major in accounting, including or supplemented by three courses (nine credits) in the computer field.
B. Completion of at least 24 credits in accounting, including or supplemented by three courses (nine credits) in the computer field.
AND Five years of satisfactory experience working with a computerized accounting or auditing system.
NOTE: Six months of work experience, as outlined above, in excess of the five-year requirement, may substitute for a course in the computer field, on a one-course (three credits) for each six-months work experience basis.
- Thorough knowledge of unified data base computerized accounting or auditing systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the use and capabilities of equipment in accounting applications.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems development.
- Knowledge of methods, principles, and practices of accounting.
- Ability to translate departmental needs into appropriate systems in regard to making necessary modifications.
- Ability to assist staff in detecting and resolving problems with system operation.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments and subordinate staff.
- Nassau County Residency is required.
- Permanency in the position is subject to passing a Civil Service examination and then being reachable via the Civil Service list process.
- Annual Salary is $74,002 (Starting at $54,929, increases to $62,545 after six-months and increases to $74,002 after one year)
- Location: 240 Old Country Road, Mineola, NY 11501.
Submit a cover letter and resume to NCComptroller@nassaucountyny.gov
EOE/MFDV PERSONNEL CHOSEN FOR MERIT AND FITNESS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, OR ANY OTHER NON-MERIT FACTOR