COVID-19 Vaccine Information
If you are looking for a booster shot with the Nassau County Department of Health, please sign up below.
Saturday, December 4th – 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM at the CCB Building of Nassau Community College at 1 Education Drive, Garden City.
Sunday, December 5th – 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM at the CCB Building of Nassau Community College at 1 Education Drive, Garden City.
Third Dose & Booster Information
Am I eligible for a COVID-19 booster shot?
- Individuals 18 years and older
- At least 6 months after Pfizer or Moderna
- At least 2 months after J&J
Which booster shot do I get?
- You may have a preference, but you can get any booster shot.
What is the difference between a booster shot and an additional dose?
A booster shot is administered when a person has completed their vaccine series and protection against the virus has decreased over time.
The additional dose of an mRNA-COVID-19 vaccine is intended to improve immunocompromised people’s response to their initial vaccine series because they were not able to respond appropriately to the first and second shot.
CDC recommends the additional dose for people who have
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Links for Additional Vaccine Appointments
- Click here for appointments at Northwell Health
- Eligible Veterans can call 516-572-6565 for a vaccine appointment
- In addition to vaccination centers run by the County’s Department of Health, listed below, vaccines are available at New York State sites which can be accessed through the “Am I Eligible" app.
- Click HERE to use the VaccineFinder tool to find available appointments near you
- Request a vaccination event at your place of business: 516-227-9570
Walk-ins are welcome at many vaccination sites throughout Nassau County. However, please be advised that it is recommended that an appointment be made, and those with appointments will be accommodated before walk-ins.
Learn the Facts about the COVID-19 Vaccine: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines
Who is Eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine?
Eligible New Yorkers Include:
New York residents age 5+ are now eligible for the vaccine Please note that COVID-19 vaccines are approved for different ages:
- Pfizer 5+
- Moderna 18+
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen 18+
Children under the age of 18 require consent from a parent or guardian to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Consent can be given in-person, verbally, or in writing. A general consent form can be found here.
Want to volunteer to vaccinate?