Food Services COVID-19 Resources
A Message to all Nassau County Food Establishments:
Your help in slowing the spread of COVID-19 is essential.
Last Updated: March 10, 2021
- NYSDOH has released updated food service guidance that includes In-Person and Catered Events:
- You must notify the Nassau County Department of Health of plans to host in-person and catered events above the State’s maximum social gathering limit. You may submit the required information online at: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/5164/Non-Residential-Outside-of-a-Household-I
- Get Vaccinated: Restaurant employees, including workers in permitted soup kitchens and congregate meal programs, and restaurant delivery workers are currently eligible to be vaccinated against Covid-19. You can pre-register for an appointment here: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/vaccine. If the quota is full, please keep checking back. Once you have your appointment, please make sure that you bring proof of employment to the clinic such as a letter from employer on letterhead, paystub indicating the restaurant name, formal work identification (not a name tag), etc. Without proof of employment you will not be vaccinated.
- Recreation guidelines that may occur within food service establishments have been updated. Please visit the following website to check if this applies to your facility. https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/SportsAndRecreationSummaryGuidance.pdf
- Contact our office of known COVID-19 positive food service workers at 516-227-9717.
- If an employee is awaiting a test result due to a Covid-19 exposure, they may not be working in the facility during that wait time.
- Frequently clean all surfaces in your establishment.
- Require staff and guests to wear appropriate face coverings.
- Maintain at least 6 feet separation between patrons at separate tables.
- Do not exceed your maximum capacity. (indoor dining restricted to 50% capacity at present)
- At present, you must close in-person service from 11PM - 5AM, however, curbside food-only pick-up or delivery is allowed after 11PM. Alcohol to go is NOT allowed.
Your assistance in the fight against COVID-19 is essential to reducing cases, slowing the spread, and keeping Nassau County businesses open and operating.
Please follow this link to access NYS Guidance for operating a food service establishment during the Covid-19 pandemic:
Covid-19 Food Resources/Documentation: