MINEOLA, N.Y. – Acting Nassau County District Attorney Madeline Singas announced that a Queens man has been sentenced to prison for a 2013 robbery of an auto dealership in Franklin Square.
Horatio Forrest, 31, of Jamaica, was convicted by a Nassau jury in July of all counts against him: two counts of Robbery in the 1st Degree (a B violent felony), three counts of Robbery in the 2nd Degree (a C violent felony), and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 3rd Degree (a D felony). Today, Acting Nassau County Supreme Court Justice William O’Brien sentenced Forrest to 20 years in prison.
“This defendant committed a violent armed robbery against people just going about their day at work, and now he will pay the price by way of a very long prison sentence,” Acting DA Singas said. “I’m grateful to the jury for its quick verdict and thank the police and prosecutors who worked hard to bring this defendant to justice.”
Acting DA Singas said that on Sept. 13, 2013, Forrest and co-defendant David Hosannah entered Tri Star Motors at 790 Hempstead Turnpike in Franklin Square, where they robbed three employees at gun point, stealing Rolex watches, jewelry, cash, and cell phones. The defendants fled in a Range Rover, owned and operated by co-defendant Rubens Petion, which police spotted blocks away and attempted to pull over. A pursuit through Elmont ensued, and the defendants were finally stopped at Evans Avenue and Scimitar Avenue in Elmont, where they were arrested with the proceeds. Hosannah was convicted by a Nassau jury of the same charges as Forrest last month, and is due for sentencing on Jan. 11, 2016.
Assistant District Attorney Martin Meaney of Acting DA Singas’ Major Offense Bureau is prosecuting the case. Forrest is represented by John Healy, Esq.