Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano today announced Oldies Night Featuring the Del Satins will take place on Friday, August 26th at Eisenhower Park’s Lakeside Theatre. The show will begin at 8:00 p.m. Admission is free.
Formed in 1958 in the Yorkville section of Manhattan, the quintet consisted of Stan Zizka (lead), Les Cauchi (first tenor), Keith Koestner (second tenor), Fred Ferrara (baritone) and his brother Tom Ferrara (bass) and were influenced by R&B groups like The Heartbeats, The Dubs and The Flamingos. Today, The Del-Satins continue with original vocalists Stan Zizka, Les Cauchi and Tommy Ferrara joined by long-time members Charlie Aiello and Edie Van Buren. The group has released 2 CDs recently, “Still Wanderin’” in 2011 and “Voices of Velvet & Steel” in 2015.
Much of the programming at the Lakeside Theatre is made possible through the Nassau County Hotel/Motel Proceeds Grant, which are proceeds from taxes on hotel and motel rooms in Nassau County. Since 2006, Nassau County has received more than ten million dollars from the Hotel/Motel Proceeds Grant, which also has assisted in historic building restoration and other cultural enhancements.
The Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre is an outdoor theatre located near parking fields 6 and 6A in Eisenhower Park. Special accommodations are available for disabled patrons, including reserved parking, easily accessible restrooms, and a convenient reserved location on the hill. Assistive hearing devices are available for the hearing impaired. There is no formal seating at Lakeside Theatre, so concertgoers are urged to bring folding chairs. If weather conditions are doubtful, call (516) 572-0355 after 6:00 p.m. for updated performance information.
Eisenhower Park is centrally located in East Meadow, with entrances on Hempstead Turnpike at East Meadow Avenue and at the intersection of Stewart and Merrick Avenues. For further information, please call the Nassau County Parks Public Information Office at: (516) 572-0200 or visit the Nassau County Parks, Recreation and Museum website at: www.nassaucountyny.gov/parks.