County Executive Curran Performs Marriage Vow Renewal for Hundreds of Nassau Residents in Celebration of Valentine’s Day
Event Honored Several Local Couples Married More than 60 Years
MINEOLA, NY -- To mark St. Valentine’s Day, Nassau County Executive Laura Curran officiated the renewal of marriage vows for 130 local couples—some with significant anniversaries — on February 13, 2019 at the Coral House in Baldwin.
“Valentine’s Day is a perfect occasion for couples to reaffirm and proclaim their love for each other,” said Curran. “This is a really special community celebration and a wonderful tradition that I was delighted to be a part of. I met so many fantastic, insightful couples who shared the secrets of their successful, decades-long partnerships.”
The event honored several special couples who have reached milestone anniversaries including:
• Lucille & Thomas Oates of Seaford – married 64 years,
• Raymond & Janet Schnars of Bellmore – married 64 years,
• Michele & Joseph Gyimoty of Bellmore – married 65 years,
• Vincent & Essie Corazon of Bellmore – married 65 years,
• and Sal & Loretta Citrano of Farmingdale – married 69 years.
A complimentary luncheon was provided by the Coral House. All couples were invited to stay for musical entertainment, lunch and wedding cake. Couples were provided the opportunity to take a professional photograph with their loved one in celebration of their vow renewal.