Text COVID19NC to 888777
to get updates on Coronavirus in Nassau County on your mobile device.
Click here for how to receive the texts in additional languages.
- COVID-19 is a very contagious virus that can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe. These particles range from larger respiratory droplets to smaller aerosols (Source: WHO)
- Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for those with underlying health issues.
- Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath and appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms STAY HOME and call (before visiting) your healthcare provider. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get necessary medical care.
- Childhood Inflammatory Disease Related to COVID-19
- Importance of Social Distancing: Practice social distancing by avoiding gatherings of any kind and staying at least six feet apart during necessary interactions. Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces.
- Wear a mask if you are not fully vaccinated and are age 2 or older. If you are fully vaccinated and have a condition or are taking medications that weaken your immune system, you may need to keep taking steps to protect yourself, like wearing a mask. Talk to your healthcare provider about steps you can take to manage your health and risks. (Source: CDC)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- CDC: When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated
- How you can help stop the spread.
- CDC Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools
- Interim guidance for in-person instruction at pre-k to grade 12 schools during the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Interim Guidance for Childcare, Day Camp. And Overnight Camp Programs
- Restaurants & Food Service Establishments
- For additional guidance, please review the New York Forward web pages at: https://forward.ny.gov/node/1
COVID-19 BY THE NUMBERS
Youth 12-17 will receive gift cards for getting the COVID-19 vaccine Read on...
Nassau County Executive Laura Curran Announces Expansion of Rental Assistance Program, Increased Resources to Help Residents Access Relief Read on...
As Effects of Climate Change Intensify, Curran Urges Detailed Top-to-Bottom Review of Needed Drainage Improvements Read on...