The Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Museums provides a total of seven golf courses to accommodate players with a range of skills. In addition, there are three driving ranges, and for children and families two mini-golf courses in Eisenhower Park in East Meadow and Cantiague Park in Hicksville.
Eisenhower Golf (9 and 18 hole) Eisenhower Park
East Meadow, Merrick Avenue south of Stewart Avenue
At Eisenhower Park, three of Long Island’s finest golf courses are open to the public, including the famed "Red" Course. The Red Course has a storied history, having been designed by prominent golf architect Devereux Emmet in 1914 and having hosted Professional Golfers’ Association of America (PGA) championships as far back as 1926. More recently, the Red course played host to the PGA Tour’s Commerce Bank Championship.
A second championship-level course, the “White,” was designed by Robert Trent Jones, a major 20th-century architect of American courses. Jones also designed the third 18-hole course at Eisenhower, the “Blue.”
Nassau County provides 9-hole golf courses at four parks:
- Bay Park, located in East Rockaway, including two holes over 300 yards. Call 516-571-7242.
- Cantiague Park, centrally located in Hicksville, and is flat, open and easy to walk, with five holes of 200 yards of more. Call 516-571-7061.
- Christopher Morley Park, in Roslyn-North Hills, just north of the Long Island Expressway, has dimensions on the par-30 course ranging from 300-yard 7th hole to 97-yard 8th hole. Call 516-571-8120.
- North Woodmere Park, located in the Southwest corner of Nassau County, is the largest of the nine hole courses, at 2,282 yards, with four holes over 300 yards. Call 516-571-7814.
The Nassau County Parks Department offers three driving ranges that provide late hours in season:
- Cantiague Park, Call 516-571-7082.
- Eisenhower Park, East Meadow Call 516-572-0337.
- North Woodmere Park, Call 516-571-7814.
Mini-Golf is CLOSED for the season
Eisenhower Park provides two large and beautifully landscaped mini-golf courses, "Orange" and "Blue," with a waterfall and other attractions. The course has been named "Best of Long Island" by News 12 Long Island. Adult with Leisure Pass $10; Adult without Leisure Pass: $16; Children 12 and under, seniors, disabled, veterans, aux. police, active volunteer firefighter and ambulance driver with Leisure Pass: $7
Cantiague Park has a small 18-hole mini-golf courses located by the driving range. Fees are $6 for children and seniors, $9 for adults, and $14 for non-residents. Call 516-571-7058.
Wantagh Park, located on King Road, just south of Merrick Road and west of Wantagh Parkway, has an 18 hole mini golf course at the north end of the Park. Fees are $9 for adults, $6 for children and seniors, $14 for nonresidents. Call 516-571-7460.