GYM AND FITNESS CENTER REOPENING
GYM AND FITNESS CENTER REOPENING IN NASSAU COUNTY DURING THE COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
New York State is allowing Gyms and Fitness Centers to reopen in Nassau County beginning on August 24, 2020. Nassau County’s Department of Health has been directed to conduct inspections of gyms and fitness centers to monitor compliance with state guidelines. To ensure your gym meets the state’s requirements, please follow the steps outlined below.
- Step 1: Review NY State’s reopening guidelines for gyms outlined here to ensure your facility can implement required changes.
- Step 2: Submit your affirmation form found here to verify that you have read and understand the obligations to operate under the NY State’s guidelines.
- Step 3: Prepare a written plan outlining how your business will prevent the spread of COVID-19 to protect employees and gym members. You can create your plan using NYS Business Re-Opening Safety Plan Template found here.
- Step 4: Email GymSafety@nassaucountyny.govwith the following information:
- completed safety plan with information on your HVAC system certification and upgrades
- owner’s name
- owner’s phone number
- business name
- business address
- anticipated date of reopening
- anticipated hours of operation
Inspections - Nassau County will confirm receipt of your plan and an inspection of your gym or fitness center will be conducted within the two weeks following your reopening date. Facilities that are found to be non-compliant with NY state’s guidance may be required to close until compliance is achieved and is verified by a re-inspection.
Questions - For questions regarding the reopening of gyms and fitness facilities, please email GymSafety@nassaucountyny.gov.