Nassau County Legislator Donald MacKenzie announces that the Nassau County Police Department is currently seeking Part-Time Crossing Guards for assignments throughout Nassau County. Starting salary for this position is $18.00 per hour with no fringe benefits. This part time position can require up to 17 hours per week.
Qualifications for this position are:
• Nassau County residency required.
• Candidates must be able to direct pedestrian and vehicular traffic at specified locations for the purpose of protecting children and other persons in the vicinity of a school crossing or other assigned crossing.
• Candidates must be able to speak clearly and effectively in English with children, parents, motorists and other adults.
• Candidates must be able to give directions and maintain control of children.
• Candidates must be able to read and write English and be able to complete basic Police Department forms without assistance.
• Candidates must be able to report for work on a daily basis and function efficiently throughout an entire work shift without interruption.
• Candidates must have the ability to travel to an assigned post in a timely fashion without departmental assistance.
• Candidates must be able to adjust for changing irregular hours and be able to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
• Candidates must be able to withstand varied environmental conditions including extreme heat, cold, moisture and low light conditions. The described position requires a level of physical ability to include vision, hearing, speaking, flexibility and strength.
• Candidates must have graduated high school.
All interested candidates meeting the above stated criteria can obtain an application at any Nassau County Police Precinct. The application is also available to download at: www.pdnc.org
Selected candidates will be required to pay a $75.00 fingerprint fee and will undergo a background investigation conducted by the Nassau County Police Department.
NASSAU COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT PRECINCTS
First Precinct – (516) 573-6100
900 Merrick Rd., Baldwin
Second Precinct – (516) 573-6200
7700 Jericho Tpke., Woodbury
Third Precinct – (516) 573-6300
214 Hillside Ave., Williston Park
Fourth Precinct – (516) 573-6400
1699 Broadway, Hewlett
Fifth Precinct – (516) 573-6500
1655 Dutch Broadway, Elmont
Seventh Precinct – (516) 573-6700
3636 Merrick Rd., Seaford
Nassau County is an Equal Opportunity Employer