Board of Ethics
|Nassau County Board of Ethics Meeting|
|Date:||Thursday, February 28, 2019|
|Time:||7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.|
||One West Street, 2nd Floor
Mineola, NY 11501
- Providing free, confidential advice to County officers and employees regarding their ethical responsibilities under the Nassau County Code of Ethics and other applicable laws.
- Assisting County officers and employees in avoiding ethical missteps before they occur.
- Investigating complaints of ethical misconduct.
- Administering the Financial Disclosure Program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is an ethics violation?
A: To ensure integrity in county government, county officers and employees are required by law to adhere to a code of conduct. This code of conduct is primarily found in the Nassau County Code of Ethics available on this website. Among other things, the Code of Ethics regulates:
- Doing business with the County,
- Outside employment and investments that conflict with official duties,
- Prohibited gifts and favors,
- Disclosure of confidential county information,
- Personal use of county property, and
- Hiring and supervision of relatives
Code of Ethics-Local Law 6-2017