- Procurement Compliance
Chief Procurement and Compliance Officer
Office of the Chief Procurement and Compliance Officer
The Office of the Chief Procurement and Compliance Officer (CPCO) ensures that all procurements are conducted with integrity in a fair, open, transparent, and legal manner in the best interests of the County. To accomplish these objectives, the CPCO develops, implements, and manages Countywide procurement policies and procedures.
The Office of the Chief Procurement and Compliance Officer works with County departments and the vendor community to establish and enforce procurement policies and procedures that promote fair, open competition to obtain the highest quality goods and services at the lowest net cost to support the mission of the County.
The Office of the Chief Procurement and Compliance Officer ensures the highest levels of integrity, transparency, fairness, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness in all aspects of the County's procurement policies and processes.
Key Elements of Effective Public Procurement
- Integrity—Vendors wishing to do business with the County must demonstrate that they have the business integrity to receive public County funds and conduct business with and on behalf of the County in the best interests of the public.
- Transparency—The County's procurement portfolio is transparent to enable the public to understand what and how the County procures essential goods and services.
- Efficiency—The County's procurement process is efficient to provide for the timely acquisition of essential goods and services.
- Fairness—The County's procurement process is fair and open to the vendor community and the public to promote vendor community diversity.
- Cost-effectiveness—The County's procurement process promotes the maximum practicable degree of competitiveness to ensure that the County is obtaining the highest quality goods and services at the lowest net cost to the public.
The Nassau County Procurement Policy
Nassau County conducts procurement activities in accordance with the Nassau County Procurement Policy (PDF). This policy identifies the methods of source selection used by the county, the process required for each method, the laws and regulations guiding the policy, the ethical obligations of procurement staff and vendors, and a summary of policies promoting vendor diversity. Please consult this policy to understand the specific elements being managed and enforced here in the Office of the Chief Procurement and Compliance Officer.