Household Assistance Program Information
The Deadline to accept NEW APPLICATIONS has officially ended!!! Pending applications filed up through May 15th, 2022 at 11:59pm are still being processed
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a broad financial impact on many of Nassau’s residents and Nassau County is committed to assisting those living in our community. The County has allocated federal funds from the American Rescue Plan to create the Boost Nassau Household Assistance Program. We invite you to apply for a one-time grant of $375 to support your household’s recovery.
Use of federal funds requires the collection of specific information included in this application. One application per household is allowed. A household consists of all the people who occupy a housing unit. Please have the following documents and information available before starting the application. Files may be PDF, JPEG, or PNG.
*Effective April 1, 2022, HAP requirements have been updated to conform to US Treasury Final Rule’s income eligibility thresholds.
For those who filed a federal 2020 or 2021 tax return AND have an Adjusted Gross Income (line 11 of your IRS form 1040 tax return) of $76,050 or less:
- Federal tax return for 2020 or 2021 (IRS Form 1040); substitute documents will not be accepted. Page 1 of IRS Form 1040 will be used. All digits of Applicant’s social security number must be visible. For filing status Married Filing Separately (MFS), both federal tax returns are required.
- Proof of residence in the name of the Applicant: recent mortgage statement, current lease, recent utility statement, or recent homeowner/renter insurance statement.
For those not required to file an annual income tax return:
- Proof of identity (government-issued photo ID, birth certificate, or Social Security card).
- Proof of residence (recent rent receipt, current lease, recent mortgage statement, or current utility bill).
- Proof of benefits (current benefit award document for a benefit such as SNAP, housing, or Social Security).