Text COVID19NC to 888777
to get updates on Coronavirus in Nassau County on your mobile device.
Click here for how to receive the texts in additional languages.
- Vaccine Information
- April 1, 2021 - NYSDOH Travel and Quarantine Advisories and Health Care Provider Return to Work Update
- Evening and Weekend Testing at FQHCs
- Find a Testing Site
- Childhood Inflammatory Disease Related to COVID-19
- CDC Novel Coronavirus / COVID-19 Summary
- COVID-19 Parent Application for CARES Child Care Scholarship
- How you can help stop the spread.
- Importance of Social Distancing
- New York State Department of Health and CDC Guidance for Schools:
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding School Reopening from Nassau County and Suffolk County Departments of Health
- End of Academic Year Celebrations Updated April 27
- In-Person and Catered Events
- Gym and Fitness Center Reopening in Nassau County During the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency
- Practice social distancing by avoiding gatherings of any kind and staying at least six feet apart during necessary interactions.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What are the symptoms?
- Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for those with underlying health issues.
- Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath and appear 2-14 days after exposure.
What to do if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- STAY HOME and call (before visiting) your healthcare provider. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get necessary medical care.
COVID-19 BY THE NUMBERS
New Nassau initiative aims to vaccinate 500 students a day and engage youth ambassadors to encourage peers to roll up their sleeve. Read on...
Program grants eligible property owners up to $10,000 for nitrogen reducing septic upgrades Read on...
Nassau County Executive Laura Curran and Legislator Delia DeRiggi-Whitton (D – Glen Cove) will join LiveOnNY and organ donors and recipients to commemorate April as National Donate Life Month... Read on...