Text COVID19NC to 888777
to get updates on Coronavirus in Nassau County on your mobile device.
Click here for how to receive the texts in additional languages.
- Childhood Inflammatory Disease Related to COVID-19
- CDC Novel Coronavirus / COVID-19 Summary
- COVID-19 Parent Application for CARES Child Care Scholarship
- How you can help stop the spread.
- Importance of Social Distancing
- Practice social distancing by avoiding gatherings of any kind and staying at least six feet apart during necessary interactions.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What are the symptoms?
- Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for those with underlying health issues.
- Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath and appear 2-14 days after exposure.
What to do if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- STAY HOME and call (before visiting) your healthcare provider. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get necessary medical care.
COVID-19 BY THE NUMBERS
New York State on PAUSE:
100% of the workforce must stay home, excluding essential services.
All non essential gatherings of individuals of any size for anyreason are temporarily banned.
All non essential businesses statewide must close in office personnel functions until further notice as part of New York State on PAUSE.
Bars and restaurants are closed, but takeout can be ordered during the period of closure.
Governor Cuomo announced all NYS on PAUSE functions will be extended.
The state nonessential workforce will continue to work from home through April 29th.
Guidance for Essential Businesses
SCHOOL CLOSURES UPDATE:
Governor Cuomo has directed all schools throughout New York State to remain closed for an additional two weeks ending on April 29, 2020 to reduce the spread of COVID 19.
Administrators and teachers continue to have access to school buildings for distance based learning, as well as for distribution of grab and go lunches.
Nassau County continues close communication with state officials and will continue to follow the state’s guidance on all issues surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.
With beaches in Nassau County given the green light to open under new New York State guidelines, Nassau County Executive Laura Curran announced today the Nickerson Beach cabanas will be open for the summer season on June 21. Read on...
Curran Announces Push to Boost COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing at County Sites, Releases PSA For TestingResidents can schedule appointments or inquire about eligibility at (516) 396-7500 Read on...
As Memorial Day weekend approaches, County Executive Curran announced she will be hosting a Memorial Day car parade to honor those who selflessly lost their lives while fighting for our freedom and pay homage to the 75th Anniversary of World War II. Read on...