Text COVID19NC to 888777
to get updates on Coronavirus in Nassau County on your mobile device.
Click here for how to receive the texts in additional languages.
- Vaccine Information
- NYSDOH Travel and Quarantine Advisories and Health Care Provider Return to Work Update
- COVID-19 Testing at the Roosevelt Family Health Center
- Find a Testing Site
- Childhood Inflammatory Disease Related to COVID-19
- CDC Novel Coronavirus / COVID-19 Summary
- How you can help stop the spread.
- Importance of Social Distancing
- New York State Department of Health and CDC Guidance for Schools:
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding School Reopening from Nassau County and Suffolk County Departments of Health
- End of Academic Year Celebrations Updated April 27
- In-Person and Catered Events
- Gym and Fitness Center Reopening in Nassau County During the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency
- Practice social distancing by avoiding gatherings of any kind and staying at least six feet apart during necessary interactions.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What are the symptoms?
- Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for those with underlying health issues.
- Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath and appear 2-14 days after exposure.
What to do if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- STAY HOME and call (before visiting) your healthcare provider. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get necessary medical care.
COVID-19 BY THE NUMBERS
County Executive Curran announced today that the Nassau County Office of Housing will be accepting applications for the Housing Choice Voucher and Project-Based Voucher Program (Section 8) waiting list beginning on June 21, 2021. Read on...
COUNTY EXECUTIVE CURRAN PROPOSES MAJOR ECONOMIC RECOVERY AND COMMUNITY INVESTMENT PLAN, ANNOUNCES NEW RESOURCES FOR OBTAINING RELIEF FUNDS Read on...
To Offset COVID-19 Expenses, County to Offer Consulting for Districts to Apply and Maximize Federal Grant Read on...