COVID-19 is a respiratory disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a coronavirus discovered in 2019. The virus spreads mainly from person to person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath and appear 2-14 days after exposure. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for those with underlying health issues.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms STAY HOME and call (before visiting) your healthcare provider. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get necessary medical care.
Latest News & Updates
- June 1, 2022 – NYS has issued revised guidance for isolation & quarantine. Click here to learn more.
- June 1, 2022 - Every home in the U.S. can now order a third round of free COVID at-home tests at COVIDtests.gov
- March 2, 2022 – NYS removes statewide mask requirement in schools. Click here for updated guidance.
- February 15, 2022 – Study published by CDC suggests that getting vaccinated for COVID-19 during pregnancy can significantly protect infants after birth. Click here to read the study.
Important Phone Numbers
- New York State Coronavirus Hotline: 888-364-3065
- Nassau County Coronavirus Hotline: 516-227-9570
- Nassau County Crisis Helpline: 516-227-TALK (8255) For those experiencing a mental health or addiction crisis.
- Nassau County COVID-19 Senior Call Center: 516-227-9590
- Nassau County A.A. Hotline: 516-292-3040
- Nassau County Safe Center Hotline (for those experiencing abuse, domestic violence, etc.): 516-542-0404
- VETERANS: If you are a Nassau County Veteran in need of assistance including essential transportation, food pantry access and counseling services, call: 516-572-6565
- NYSDOH Guidance and Resources for Isolation/Quarantine (Including K-12 Schools)
- The Latest on NY’s Response to COVID-19”
- NYS Testing Guidance
- NYS Education Department Guidance for P-12 Schools
- NYS Office of Children and Family Services Guidance (for childcare/daycare centers)