Safely Discard Expired, Unused or Unwanted Medications at the
DRUG TAKE-BACK DAY EVENT IN LEVITTOWN
Drive Up – Drop Off – Drive Away
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24th - 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Wisdom Lane Middle School – 120 Center Ln., Levittown
Legislator John Ferretti is joining together with Legislator Tom McKevitt, the Nassau County Police Department, and the Levittown Community Action Coalition to host a “Shed the Meds” Drug Take-Back Day Event at Wisdom Lane School in Levittown. All residents are invited to help combat abuse and misuse of prescription medications by safely disposing of unwanted, unused and expired medications.
The Drug Take-Back program provides a safe, convenient, and responsible way to dispose of prescription drugs, while also educating the community about the potential for abuse of medications. Additionally, the event helps the environment by discouraging people from using the typical disposal method, flushing unused pills or dumping them in the solid waste stream.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISPOSING OF MEDICATIONS:
- Keep all medications in the original container
- Block out name on container for anonymity
- Do not cross out medication information
- Illegal drugs may also be dropped off anonymously
- Syringes and sharps, thermometers, IV bags, chemo drugs, gel-cap and liquid medications will NOT be accepted
For more information, please call Legislator Ferretti’s office at: 516-571-6215