Rifle & Pistol Range
The range received an extensive renovation over the summer of 2005 that included lead removal from the ranges and the addition of a new roof and additional parking.
- Excellent lighting and air system to ensure a safe shooting environment
- The range accomodates rifles, shotguns, and handguns
- Each range is 30 yards in length w/target holder that can be from 3 to 90 feet
- Plenty of free parking
- The range is available for use by certified clubs
- The range has NRA certified instructors
- The range does not rent any guns
- Black powder firearms permitted
- Shotguns and Slugs only.
- Because the facility is heavily utilized by a variety of law enforcement agencies, we strongly suggest
that members of the general public call ahead of time to ensure that ranges are available.
- Please note that the Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range does not rent guns.
No membership fee is required, but daily admission fees are charged. View Leisure Pass information.
|Age / Discount Group
||Nassau County Resident & Leisure Pass Holder Fee Per Hour
||Non-Resident / Nassau County Resident Without Leisure Pass Fee Per Hour
|Minor (age 12-16)||$10.00*
|Person with Disability
|Senior Citizen (age 60 and over)
|Volunteer Ambulance Corps
Because the facility is heavily utilized by a variety of law enforcement agencies, we strongly suggest that members of the general public call ahead of time to ensure that ranges are available.
No Gun Rental
Please note that the Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range does not rent guns.
Nassau County Range Regulations:
- The first rule of the range is Safety, any person who conducts him/herself in an unsafe manner or violates any
rules will be subject to immediate expulsion from the facility.
- Only persons using a firearm are permitted downrange (as defined by range personnel) NO SPECTATORS
- Firing points may not be changed without the permission of a Range Officer
- All uncased or exposed firearms are to be pointed up, UNLOADED, action open and placed in rack while
in lobby area.
- Pistol Permit holders SHALL NOT allow the use of their pistol by another permit holder. AND NO ONE
CAN SHOOT A HANDGUN WITHOUT A LICENSE.NO EXCEPTIONS
- All uncased firearms will be carried in a safe manner, unloaded, with the actions open.
- All firearms not in use must be made safe, UNLOADED, actions open, and placed in rack or cased at
- A command of CEASE FIRE must be obeyed instantly. During a CEASE FIRE ALL FIREARMS must be
made safe, mags out, actions open. NO ONE TOUCHES A FIREARM DURING A CEASE FIRE
- All firearms must be pointed downrange when at assigned point (firing line). ALL FIREARMS ARE CASED
AND UNCASED AT YOUR ASSIGNED POINT ONLY< with muzzle pointed downrange
- NO RAPID OR CROSS FIRING Rifles may be loaded with 5 rounds max in a magazine. Pistols can be
fully loaded (for now)
- NO ONE is permitted in front of the firing line
- Only Targets approved by Range personnel will be permitted
- 17 year olds must be accompanied by an adult 21 or over
- No one under 12 is permitted in the range, and then with the proper paperwork
- NO SMOKING ANYWHERE N THE BUILDING
- NO EATING OR DRINKING DOWNRANGE
- Persons ages 12-16 may fire a .22 small bore rifle only and only under the following conditions;
A- Present a photo ID and an official proof of age document with a raised seal
B- Be supervised by;
-1. parent or guardian who has in his possession a New York State Hunters Safety Certificate-
-2. duly commissioned officer of the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or NY National Guard.
-3. duly qualified adult citizen of the United States Army who has been granted a certificate as an instructor in Rifle issued by the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps or the Adjutant General of the US or by the National Rifle Association