Nickerson Beach Park
Buy Cabana Lottery Tickets Online
Nassau County Residents Only
Click link below to purchase a 2021 Nickerson Beach Cabana Lottery ticket.
All entrants MUST have a valid Leisure Pass prior to purchasing a lottery ticket, which is $36, non-refundable.
A Leisure Pass may be purchased in person at any of the Nassau County Parks below.
Bay Park, Cantiague Park, Cedar Creek Park, Christopher Morley Park, Eisenhower Park (Aquatic Center, Golf Course, Administration Bldg.), Grant Park, Nickerson Beach Park, North Woodmere Park, Wantagh Park, Mitchel Athletic Complex: Nassau County Rifle & Pistol Range
Resident Leisure Pass fee is $36.00
Resident Senior, Disabled, Civic Volunteer, Veteran Leisure Pass fee is $30.
One lottery ticket per person can be purchased. Must be 21 years or older to purchase
The Lottery will be held virtually at 10am on Wednesday April 21st. and will be streamed on Facebook:
The lottery winners will be contacted by phone within a week of the lottery drawing. Full payment of cabana rental fee is due no later than April 28, 2021.
Non-winning tickets will be placed on a wait list for available cabanas during 2021 season.
For more information, call 516-571-7700 or email: Nickersonbeachstaff@nassaucountyny.gov
April 2, 2021
Nassau County Parks Department 2021 Amended Guest Policy at Nickerson Beach.
1) There will only be one entrance point at each cabana terrace.
2) The maximum ten guest policy remains in effect at all times at your cabana. Departing guests must inform Parks staff at the entrance/exit so others can enter.
3) No guests will be admitted to the cabana once the maximum of ten guests are present until one or more guests leave for that day.
4) The cabana holder on record does not need to be present to allow guests usage of the cabana but will be held liable for any damaged property, personal injury or altercations.
5) Upon arrival at the cabana terrace entrances, the cabana letter and number must be given to a parks staff member along with the number of guests
6) Children under the age of 4 do not count towards maximum guest count.
7) If at any time a Parks staff member determines that is becoming unsafe, Parks reserves the right to direct any or all members of your party to exit the premises
8) Each guest will receive a bracelet when entering and must discard that bracelet when exiting for day.
COVID regulations apply, such as social distancing and mask wearing when moving to and from your Cabana. It is also important for the Cabana holder to keep track of those who are visiting their cabana in case of the necessity to impose Contact Tracing.
If you’d like to reverse your deferment you have until April 10th to notify us via email email@example.com ..
Payment is due in full by April 10th. If you wish to keep your deferment nothing else is needed.
2021 Nickerson Beach Policy
To All Cabana and Cabinette holders of Nickerson Beach Park,
Please find below the update on the occupancy of Cabanas during the 2021 summer season:
- Moving In day is May 28th.
- A maximum of 10 persons will be allowed to visit your designated cabana at one time.
- All persons entering the cabana terrace entrances will be checked in under the name of the Cabana or Cabinette holder on file and leisure pass as ID for each cabana .
- As you and your guests are checked in, a wrist bracelet will be issued and secured to everyone’s wrist where the count per cabana will not exceed 10 bracelets daily.
During this season you will be able to congregate in the sand area in front of your cabana HOWEVER there are some regulations that must be adhered to:
- While congregating in cabana area we ask that you stay only with your guests.
- While congregating in the sand outside your cabana please stay 6 feet away from other guests in other cabanas.
- When social distancing isn’t possible a mask must be worn, and Nassau County Parks employees reserve the right to decide whether a situation of spacing becomes unsafe.
- The cabana terrace areas will be subject to a capacity limit determined by NY State. Presently the limit is ten (10).
- When walking to and from your cabana Masks must always be worn ie: to the pool, beach, grills, restroom, playground ….
- Each cabana holder will receive 6 pool bracelets. You must be wearing a wrist pool bracelet in order to enter the pool.
- The Nassau County Board of Health dictates the number of swimmers allowed on the pool deck. Based on their restrictions there may be staggered times if the pools capacity is met.
- Parking limits and fees will be in effect.
If you choose to keep your deferment of 2021, no action needs to be taken. We will hold your place for 2022 season. This will be the last season for deferment.
If you decide that you would like to reverse your deferment you must decide and pay by April 10th. Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that your deferment be reversed for 2021 by April . Please wait for a confirmation email which will direct you to call in with your payment for the 2021 season. Once payment is made, we will set up a date for you to pick up your pool passes and cabana/cabinette lock. Please be patient for the notice of confirmation. We will do our best to get back in contact with you within a few business days.
Commissioner of Parks ,Recreation & Museums
Nickerson Beach Park, part of the Nassau County Park system since 1967, is 155 acres of a sun-drenched recreational facility. It is located along the Atlantic Ocean on Long Island’s South Shore. It offers a half mile of beachfront, a campground for recreational vehicles, Fun Zone, ball fields, swimming pools, numerous athletic courts, a dog run, cabanas and lockers.
It is a great place to relax and soak in the beauty of nature.
The park includes areas by the beach that are cordoned off to protect nesting areas for the Piping Plover, a sparrow-sized shorebird that is protected by federal law.
During the summer season (Memorial Day - Labor Day), parking fees are charged as follows:
Daily: $15 for Leisure Pass holders; Non-Residents: $37
Season sticker: Leisure Pass holders, $110; Seniors, Disabled, volunteer Firefighters, Auxiliary Police & Veterans: $50 (Leisure Pass required); non-Leisure Pass holders: $295.
Nickerson Beach provides the ocean summer cabanas, pools and lots of activities for tots and teens at "Fun Zone"
There is a picturesque, seaside Pitch and Putt, created amongst the dunes of Nickerson Beach, featuring nine holes ranging in length from 47 to 105 yards. There are two new basketball courts in the "Fun Zone" and a basketball court by the cabana area; two tennis courts and a new baseball field (permit required).
The "Fun Zone" includes a skate park located inside a 160-by-100-foot fenced-in area. The skate park includes seven ramps of varying difficulty, with the lowest ones measuring two feet in height and the highest ones four feet. In addition, there are two railings for skate-boarders. During the summer season, the skate park is open seven days a week, but patrons are advised to call ahead for the schedule of hours. At other times of the year, excluding the winter, when the park is closed, the skate park is open only on weekends. Helmets must be worn by those using the skate park.
The Fun Zone also features a playground for children, two soccer fields, a baseball field and six beach volleyball courts.
There is a reserved (fee) picnic area that includes barbecue equipment. A food concession stand is located on the south edge of the "Fun Zone" by the beach; it is open during the summer.
One swimming pool at west end, one swimming pool at east end, along with small “kiddie” pools (fee required).
Pool hours: Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm; Saturday and Sunday: 11am-7pm.
Visitors can also swim in the ocean daily from 9am to 6pm, when lifeguards are on duty. Beach showers are located near the campground.
The campground consists of 74 Recreational Vehicle sites, complete with water, and 110V, 50/30 amp electric hook-ups. There are 66 sites with sewer hook ups. There are two (gray-black water) dumping stations which are available to campers and non-campers for a nominal fee. The comfort station is easily located and has showers that are wheelchair accessible. There is no tent camping.
The Campground will be open from April through November if weather permits. Leisure Pass holders receive discount rate.
Nickerson Beach offers cabanas for rent during the summer season, with areas on the eastern and western ends of the park. The cabanas provide Nassau County residents with the opportunity to enjoy a summer vacation at this beautiful beach. Each year, a lottery is held to determine eligibility for available cabana spots. There are 612 cabanas and 147 cabinettes (lockers).
A dog run includes separate areas for large and small dogs. It is located across the parking lot from the Fun Zone. Dogs are not allowed on the beach at any time. Dogs are permitted only in dog runs and specified paths in Nassau County Parks.
To reach Nickerson Beach Park from the North Shore, take Meadowbrook Parkway South to Loop Parkway (Exit M10) to Point Lookout. Turn right onto Lido Boulevard. Nassau Beach is about half-mile on your left-hand side. From the South Shore, take Southern State Parkway (East) to Meadowbrook Parkway (South) toward Jones Beach. Just before the Jones Beach Toll, go off onto the Loop Parkway (exit M10) toward Point Lookout. Take Loop Parkway all the way to the end. Turn right: Nickerson Beach Park is on the left-hand side about a half-mile away.