Hewlett, Broadway and Sheridan Avenue
On-site staff: Yes
Click here for Google map
Grant Park, part of the Nassau County park system since 1955, is located in the southwest part of the county. A complete recreational and sports complex is sitting on 35 acres in Hewlett, Long Island.
There are three state of the art turfed baseball fields that are totally enclosed and convertible for both little league and girls softball. Surrounding these fields are plaza - like walkways making easy accessibility to a new play area, gazebo and restrooms. Also resting in the rear of this complex is an adult workout area with five stations (including rowing, skiing and step climbing). All this and the remaining park we’ve enjoyed for years. Adjacent to the fields there is tennis, paddleball, handball and basketball courts. There are two picnic areas. One is fully shaded and complete with horseshoe pits. The other picnic area is lakeside next to our large playground and spray pool. Enjoy a day fishing in the lake or jogging and walking the pathway lined with spacious benches surrounded by trees. All this and we have a roller rink. Saturday and Sunday sessions, bring your own skates. In the winter it converts to an ice rink.
So please come and enjoy the best kept secret on the south shore.
- There are three basketball courts;
- four tennis courts;
- four handball/paddleball courts;
- Athletic fields include three baseball and softball fields as well as soccer fields (permit required).
- There are paths for joggers, bicyclists and for strolling.
- A modern playground area is designed with three areas for three separate age groups: pre-schoolers, 4-to-8 year olds and 9-to-12 year olds. There is also a spray-pool area.
- Unreserved and reserved picnic areas include barbecue equipment (Leisure Pass and fee required for reserved areas; call 516-571-7821). For more information see "News & Events" below.
- An outdoor roller rink is available for public and charter sessions on Saturday and Sunday from 12:30 to 3 p.m. from spring to early fall.
- In the winter, the roller rink is transformed into a skating rink open seven days a week, including evenings on weekends, with public and charter sessions; lessons are also available, along with a skate rental.
- The Grant Park skating rink will be open through March.
- Hours: There are two-hour sessions on the following days:Wed. - Thurs. at 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.; Fri. at 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.; Sat. at 10:30 a.m., 1:15 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.; Sun. at 10:30 a.m., 1:15 p.m.and 4 p.m.; There are no public sessions for Mon. - Tues.
- Skating lessons, ice charters for groups, hockey game rentals and private rentals are also available.
- Fees (daily): Resident adult with Leisure Pass, $7; resident teenager 13-17 years of age with Leisure Pass, $5; resident child 12 and under accompanied by adult with Leisure Pass, $5; senior, disabled, vol. firefighter, ambulance corps, auxiliary police, veterans with Leisure Pass, $4; adult without Leisure Pass, $20, child without Leisure Pass, $14. Skate rentals are available for $5.
- The lake at Grant Park is open for fishing; visitors can also take a pleasant walk or jog around the lake, on a concrete path.
To reach Grant Park, take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 19 South (Peninsula Boulevard). Continue down Peninsula Boulevard for approximately 5 miles, through Rockville Centre and Lynbrook (approximately 1 mile past Sunrise Highway) to Rockaway Avenue (sign says Grant Park left). Make a left turn onto Rockaway Avenue and follow the road around to the traffic light on Broadway. Go past that light onto Sheridan Avenue. Park entrance will be on the right just past the police station.
Mangano Welcomes The Frankie Valli And The Four Seasons Cover Band To Grant Park
East Meadow, NY – Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano has announced that The Jersey 4, a tribute to Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons will perform at Grant Park located in Hewlett, on Tuesday, July 8th at 7:00 p.m. Admission is free.
The Cast of The Jersey 4 will take you on a journey from the very beginning of The Four Seasons Number #1 Hits – Frankie Valli’s solo career – to present day Four Seasons shows. “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Rag Doll,” “Walk Like a Man,” and “Who Loves You” are just some of the many hits you will enjoy from their great collection of songs from those four guys from Jersey. The Cast of The Jersey 4 (who are all accomplished singers and musicians from “Jersey”) stay true to The Four Seasons music. The Cast ofThe Jersey Four’s interpretation ofThe Four Seasons classics with their unique vocals, fabulous stage show, The Jersey Bounce Horns, authentic costume and musical equipment (Fender-Stratocaster, Gibson-Firebird & Thunderbird) guitars, Fender Amplifiers, Ludwig & Gretsch drums, recreate that famous sound ofThe Four Seasons.
The Jersey 4 concert is the first of a series of three concerts at Grant Park. Additional shows are as follows:
Tuesday, July 15th: Driftwood – a tribute to the Beach Boys
Tuesday, July 22nd: Larry Chance and the Earls
For further information about Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation and Museums, please call: (516) 572-0200 or visit the Nassau County Parks, Recreation and Museum website at: www.nassaucountyny.gov/parks.
County Parks Begin Accepting Picnic Reservations
Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano announces that reservations for the coming season may be made at Nassau County parks
beginning in February
Reservations must be made in person at park locations, and a valid Leisure Pass and appropriate payment (fees depend upon group size) must be presented to obtain a confirmed reservation. Payment can be made by cash, check (made out to “Treasurer of Nassau County”) or credit card (at some locations). “Rain-or-shine” shelter areas are available at Cedar Creek Park, Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park, Nickerson Beach Park and Wantagh Park.
County regulations require that 75% of all picnic participants be Nassau County residents. A special permit is required for the use of alcoholic beverages, and this permit must be purchased at least one week in advance of any reserved or unreserved picnic. To make catering arrangements, patrons must contact the park concessionaire, Dover Caterers, at 516-933-4444, ext. 12 or 16. Picnic reservations must be secured from the individual park before catering can be arranged.