Department of Human Services Office for the Aging
Nassau County Department of Human Services Office for the Aging
SFMNP Farmers Market Coupon Schedule 8/23-27
August 25 2021
August 26, 2021
August 27, 2021
Also, don't miss our NEW Mobile Farm Stand! Filled with farm fresh produce In partnership with Nassau County Cornell Cooperative Extension!
CLICK HERE FOR FLYER
About Office for the Aging
THE NASSAU COUNTY OFFICE FOR THE AGING is responsible for advising the County Executive and government officials on the problems and needs of the county’s 300,000 residents age 60 and over. Being the first county government in the nation to establish a county agency dedicated to providing programs and services for the over 60 population, Nassau County’s Office for the Aging empowers older persons to live more independently community wide.
Responsibilities of the Office
- Developing county-wide plans to provide services that assist older persons to remain independent for as long as possible.
- Providing services that assist older persons to remain independent for as long as possible.
- Supporting and recommending positive legislation for the elderly at state and federal levels by giving testimony at legislative and public hearings.
- Providing information on legislative issues affecting older persons.
- Serving as a funding agency for programs offered by other voluntary and government agencies.
- Providing more than 70 programs for the elderly, such as health and counseling, county-wide.
- Being an office of advocates for the elderly, operating on a five-days-a-week basis, as a multi-purpose senior center.
- Maintaining a number of additional senior centers.
- Maintaining a number of additional adult day service centers.
- Maintaining a number of additional senior lunch programs.