Seaford, Merrick Road east of Wantagh Avenue
On-site staff: Yes
Click here for Google map
Cedar Creek Park has been part of the County park system since 1975 and is located in the southeast part of Nassau County, in Seaford. This 259-acre park offers the following activities:
|The large playground at Cedar Creek has been named "Best of Long Island" by the Long Island Press.
- There are eight tennis courts (Leisure Pass required for reservations);
- eight handball/paddleball courts;
- and two basketball courts.
- Athletic fields include two softball fields and four soccer fields (permits required). Multipurpose fields are used for football and lacrosse (by permit)
- There are 1.5-mile and 1-mile paths that can be used for jogging or walking, as well as a bicycle path.
- In December 2006, the playground at Cedar Creek was named "Best Playground of Long Island " by Long Island Press, the weekly newspaper. Previously, the playground was judged by News 12 Long Island viewers as the best on Long Island.
- Unreserved picnic areas are available on a first-come, first-serve basis; three reserved picnic areas can accommodate 100 people (Leisure Pass required). For more information, see "News & Events" below.
- A roller rink is open year-round and is available for charter, weather permitting.
- Sled hills are open during January and February, weather permitting.
- A dog run includes separate areas for big and small dogs; it is located just down from the park's administration building. Please note that dogs are not allowed in any County parks or preserves, with the exception of the dog runs.
- There is a regulation-sized archery range open to the public, dawn to dusk seven days a week, year-round. Archers must bring their own equipment, but the range is free and varies from 25 yards to 100 yards in length.
- An aerodrome field designed for radio-controlled model airplane hobbyists is available and regularly hosts model-aircraft shows. An "Academy of Aeronautics" card is required for a permit (call 571-7470).
Take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 27 South (Wantagh Parkway). Exit off the Wantagh Parkway at W6 (Merrick Road East). Continue down Merrick Road for approximately half-mile and look for the park entrance on your right.
Mangano Hosted Grand Re-Opening of the Newly Refurbished Cedar Creek Dog Park
Seaford, NY – Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano was joined by Stanley Lang, President of Pet Supplies Plus of Long Island, and Bettie Hamilton, Vice President for Product Development for Halo Pet Food, Saturday, November 2nd at 10:30 a.m. for the grand re-opening of the newly refurbished dog park in Cedar Creek Park. The renovation of the dog park in Cedar Creek Park was made possible through the sponsorship of Pet Supplies Plus of Long Island, Halo Pet Food, and Purina Pro Plan.