It is the hope and desire of Nassau County Government to provide health and wellness tools, resources, support and training to all law enforcement members who work and reside in Nassau County.
Policing is a demanding, often stressful career. On a daily basis, officers are called upon to make life and death decisions in a split-second, with no room for error. Despite these known stressors, officer mental health and wellness are often a component overlooked
The information on this website is to assist law enforcement members and their families with overall health and wellness contacts and information.
Please request areas of your concern or trainings that we may provide which would be beneficial to all of us!
Links and Resources:
- AFSP American Foundation of the Prevention of Suicide
- Financial Assistance & Guidance
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Nassau County Police Department, Department Chaplains-Chaplains Chaplains@PDCN.ORG
- Nassau County Police Department Employee Assistance Office
- Nassau County Department of Human Services
- Nassau County Department of Health
- Nassau County Police Department Peer Support - Contact through CB 516-573-8610
List of Peer Support Team Members
- Retired Members Services
- Smartphone App
- Suicide Prevention Resources
- American Foundation of the Prevention of Suicide
- Hotline 1-800-273-TALK